Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Valentine

Do you wait until Valentine's Day to say I love you to your loved one? For me, I don`t need a special day to tell my darling that I love him. Maybe because my husband is from western country, I hear "I love you" every day of the week. Occasionally David buys me some flowers or chocolates for me even when there is nothing to celebrate. However, as our 3 years relationship was a long distance between Jakarta and Adelaide, we found this Valentine's was a special one because it was the first time we celebrated it together.  


I thought for few weeks, what should I buy for David as this was our first Valentine's as husband and wife, but he kept saying that he needed nothing, just to see me happy, so I only bought a card for him. On the other hand, David also didn't buy a Valentine gift for me, but he planned to dedicate this day to pampering me and let me choose my own gift. :). 


So, the day started with the exchange of Valentine's cards. 



Around 10am, we started our one day trip to the Adelaide Hills. Our first stop was at a town called Lobethal. In this small town, I bought some cute stickers for my scrapbooking projects and then we continued to the Lobethal Bakery for a cup of coffee and an Apricot Strudel. 


   
From Lobethal, we traveled to Woodside to visit Melba's chocolate factory. David said I can spend $30 on chocolates for my gift. Hmmm... I could buy a lot with $30, maybe he wants to make me fat :p. However, after almost 1 hour wandering up and down at the factory, finally I had all the chocolate I wanted. ^_^.  




Just 5 minutes drive from Melba's, there was Baylies, a cake and biscuit shop. We tried some cakes and crackers here before deciding to buy 2 kinds of crackers. 




Then we continued our journey to Mount Baker, the largest town in Adelaide Hills. This city is close enough to Adelaide that many people commute there on daily basis, although it's far enough from the city to be called "The country". Here we walked around the town, went into some shops, bought some more books and as I was getting tired, we had lunch at one of the award winning bakeries. 






Well, that was our first Valentine's day together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment