Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother Day

Every second Sunday of May, many parts of the world celebrate Mother's Day to honor their mothers. People send gifts, flowers and cards to show their love. David also bought flowers and brought them to his mom grave at the Enfield memorial cemetery. This year, for the first time, I visited her with him.

I never met my mother in law, Betty Maxwell Orr, who died in 1991 at 57 years old. However, I am often told of her kindness, love, sense of humor and how good David's relationship was with his mother.



My own mother has also passed away. She died in 1998 at the age of 55. Although she has been gone for over 10 years, I still have many sweet memories still fresh in my mind. I still feel her spirit around me and believe that she can see my happiness from heaven above.  



Your Mother Is Always With You... 

Your mother is always with you... 
She's the whisper of the leaves
as you walk down the street. 
She's the smell of bleach
in your freshly laundered socks. 
She's the cool hand on your brow
when you're not well. 
Your mother lives inside your laughter.
She's crystallized in every tear drop. 
She's the place you came from,
your first home...
She's the map you follow
with every step that you take. 
She's your first love
and your first heart break...
and nothing on earth can separate you. 
Not time, Not space...
Not even death...
will ever separate you
from your mother... 
You carry her inside of you... 
Author Unknown 

No comments:

Post a Comment